15.3.11

Wood Ring Refashion

I have an absolute favorite store. One that I love anything that anyone gets me from it because I love everything in it! It's called Blue Windows ~ great name ~ and I've been a loyal customer for over 11 years now. There's a little bit of everything there: jewelry, candles, serving dishes, picture frames, clothing...all with a shabby, artisan flair and it smells soooo good when you walk in.

When I was pregnant with my first son I bought the first piece of nursery furniture there; a tall distressed dresser, and my kitchen/craft table is also off their floor. And if you've visited our marriage blog in the past, you may have noticed the matching cross bracelets that Michael and I wore in the blog header pic - also from Blue Windows. Okay...you get the idea.

This past Christmas, my daughter gave me a gift certificate to said store and I just got around to using it today which is an unheard of feat for me as my normal M.O. is to redeem certificates or gift cards like, the same day I get them. Anyway, look at this pretty little bauble I got today,





Isn't it pretty? Love it and love the way it looks with my dark nail polish. And how 'bout the little box? Very sweet. Oh...that's Popeye (aka Pops, Poppy, the Pie, Popsicle, etc. ad infinitum) in the background. So, it's just a fun little piece to wear around whether I'm dressed up or down - it works. Buuuutttt....being a crafty girl and being that I wear lots of white gold/silver, I thought it needed a bit of snazzing up so I tipped the edges in a little metallic silver paint and I got this...






Love it! And if you ever find yourself in Long Beach, CA (or if you want to get me a present...jk...sort of) you really should visit Blue Windows. I just know that you'll love it as much as I do!

4 comments:

  1. It's adorable!
    Love the box too!
    I love stores like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ring! It looks even better with the silver. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will have to check this shop out! Pretty ring and your nail polish is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails